Creating a More Advanced Planet
The Driving Force
ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) Design
- Full in-house GNSS receiver design
- Customized analog and digital ASIC chip designs
- Low-cost, accurate, and robust designs
- Multiple ASIC related patents
- GNSS position, velocity, and time algorithms, SBAS, Beacon, and L-band differential
- RTK, satellite-band differential accuracy correction expertise
- Multipath and scintillation mitigation expertise
- Multiple GNSS algorithm related patents
- Robust multi-GNSS, multi-frequency designs
- Superior multipath rejection
- Onsite anechoic chamber
- Multiple GNSS antenna design related patents
Positioning & Heading Technologies
Innovation by Collaboration
State-Of-The-Art, World-Class RTK GNSS Engine
Athena RTK is Hemisphere’s next-generation RTK engine designed to support all available constellations and take advantage of available new signals. This future-proof foundation enables Athena to have market-defining performance, flexibility, and reliability. Athena was designed to seamlessly integrate into existing product portfolios, supporting all major industry correction formats and standards.
• Initialization Time – By using GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, IRNSS, and QZSS in the initialization process, Athena is one of the most reliable, consistent initialization performers in the industry, initializing in less than 15 seconds at better than 99.9% reliability.
• Robustness – Athena offers extremely high productivity under the most aggressive of geographic and landscape-oriented environments for GNSS, while delivering up to 50% better performance in user tests matched against the best competitive systems on the market. With no regional restrictions, you can use Athena virtually anywhere high-accuracy GNSS receivers can operate. Athena’s innovative design makes it state-of-the-art and excels at the rigorous GNSS requirements of multiple segment customers in machine control, survey, high-accuracy GIS, and other applications requiring high-accuracy positioning.
• Performance on Long Baselines – Athena offers industry-leading position stability for long-baseline applications, with position quality often exceeding the performance of the best-of-breed RTK systems on the market.
• Performance Under Scintillation – Athena offers sustained accuracy under ionospheric scintillation activities, providing one of the most reliable ways in the market to work with GNSS in scintillation-affected areas. By improving the ionospheric and tropospheric modeling and monitoring in Athena, Hemisphere has significantly reduced measurement errors during scintillation events, greatly improving performance.
• Flexibility – Designed to work with your current portfolio of products, Athena works seamlessly with third-party RTK bases when using RTCM v3.1 or later. Athena supports the RTCM protocol that is used on most VRS networks.
• Ease-Of-Use – Hemisphere designed Athena with ease-of-use in mind. Athena runs on multi-frequency, multi-constellation OEM boards and products. If your receiver supports Athena, you can download the appropriate firmware. If your current unit is already subscribed to legacy Eclipse RTK, it will continue to work with Athena once upgraded.
Scalable, Global GNSS Correction Service for All High-Precision Applications
Atlas is an innovative, industry-leading GNSS-based global L-band correction service, providing robust performance at market-leading prices. Atlas is a flexible and scalable service, delivering its correction signals via L-band satellites at accuracies ranging from sub-meter to sub-decimeter levels. Leveraging more than 200 reference stations worldwide and with L-band satellites distributing Atlas corrections, the entire globe is virtually covered. The Atlas GNSS global correction service provides correction data for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo constellations.
• Positioning Accuracy – Atlas provides competitive positioning accuracies down to 4 cm RMS in certain applications, often exceeding competitive systems’ capabilities
• Positioning Sustainability – Cutting-edge position quality maintenance in the absence of correction signals, using Hemisphere’s Tracer™ technology
• Convergence Time – Industry-leading convergence times of 10 – 40 minutes
• Global Ionospheric Model – Real-time ionospheric activity and data is sent to the receiver and allows Atlas-capable devices to adjust accordingly, providing excellent convergence performance
Scalable Service Levels
Service Level – Position Accuracy
Atlas Basic – 50 cm 95% (30 cm RMS)
Atlas H30 – 30 cm 95% (15 cm RMS)
Atlas H10 – 8 cm 95% (4 cm RMS)
Advanced Technology Features
Making Our Technology Work for You
Satellite-Based RTK Augmentation
Powered by Atlas GNSS global correction service, the innovative aRTK technology operates on any Atlas-capable device by enabling it to operate with RTK-level accuracy, availability, and reliability when RTK corrections fail. If the unit is Atlas-subscribed, it will continue to operate at the subscribed service level until RTK is restored.
Advanced Stationary Re-Convergence
Atlas AutoSeed allows users to suspend Atlas use for any period of time, and upon returning to their last location, the Atlas system uses AutoSeed to rapidly re-converge to a high-accuracy converged position.
Super Robust RTK Positioning
SureFix is Hemisphere’s processor that runs in combination with Athena GNSS engine to provide high-fidelity RTK quality information that results in enhanced and improved RTK accuracy, availability, and guaranteed precision with virtually 100% reliability. The SureFix processor takes several inputs and determines the quality of the RTK solution in the form of ‘quality indicators’. The indicators are then combined with RTK data and provide the user with high-fidelity information about the quality of the RTK solution.
Tracer technology is Hemisphere’s all-new cutting-edge position quality maintenance in the absence of correction signals. The feature allows the user to maintain accuracy from meter to sub decimeter-levels, availability, and reliability of the position during correction data outages.
Network RTK Augmentation
BaseLink technology allows Atlas-capable receivers to self-calibrate, self-survey, and automatically manage the transmission of RTK correction data to augment or extend established or new GNSS reference networks in areas of poor internet connectivity.
Exclusive Agnostic Capability
SmartLink technology allows an AtlasLink® GNSS smart antenna to be used as an Atlas signal extension for any GNSS system compliant with open communication standards.